Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My First Day Back

Ouch. The alarm at 5:30 this morning, telling me that I had to get up and out of bed, was not very fun. I didn't sleep very well, as I was worried that my alarm would betray me and not go off. But, I got to school all in one piece, and on time. The day FLEW by becasue I was so busy and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. When I called home on my break (did I mention my mom is in town to help me transition back to work? Best.idea.ever.), she told me Gianna was being a complete know it all. No, grandma, thats not how mom does it, let me teach you all the rules, etc. Hilarious.It is crazy that I have to just throw myself back into grading, planning, and actually teaching all in one day. Thank God my mom is here this week. I came home to a sparkling house, happy girls, and a wonderful home cooked meal. When I saw my girls for the first time when I got home, I just cried seeing their lovely faces. As soon as I pulled myself together, we headed off to the park. We even had a little time to get some play-do action.























This weekend is 3 days long for me, so that will help a lot. Then spring break is 3 weeks after that, so it helps that I'm being slowly eased into it. Ok, bye for now! (and say a prayer for me once my mom is gone- that will be the real test!)

4 comments:

Jo Shabo said...

glad things went smoothly! :) We missed you and the girls today!
Soooo glad your mom is here-definitely the best idea!
Congrats on your first day!

Nicole B said...

did you go back to the same job?

So glad it went well!

Mary said...

I'm so glad your mom is there to help! Gianna is just like Jenny and Beth! They both set anyone and everyone straight on the rules, usually substitute teachers!

pops said...

pic of you and g...that is the blankest stare i have ever seen.