Saturday, June 9, 2012

Our New Dog!

I finally caved.  Chris has wanted a dog since we've been married, and I always had an excuse.  My excuses have always been no, we have kids in diapers and then once Elia was potty trained, I said not until I have a full time job.  Now that I can't use that excuse (oh, I haven't mentioned I got a full time job?  Yep!  Its not official until I sign a contract, but I got hired in Frisco- woo hoo) we took a little trip to the Animal Shelter in Carrollton and met Alice today.  We don't really like the name Alice so we are considering other names.
We think she is a mix of Gernam Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, and something else. 

G was not scared at all!

And of course Elia is in love.  We left the center with her literally in hysterics that we couldn't bring her home right away.

Adoption papers in hand!  Its official!
So she will go to a vet on Monday and as soon as she is checked and gets the all-clear, we can bring her home.  Excited and nervous for sure.  We will spend the weekend getting ready for her!  Any name suggestions out there?  It has to mean something.  We have thought about Jager, it means hunter in german.  Also, Peaches was my old camp name.  So we will see.

3 comments:

Kristy Dixon said...

OH Im so happy for your family! My German Shepherd's name was Muffin. The perfect name will just come to you. And congratulations on the new job!

Kathleen said...

Aww...what a cutie!!! How old is she? You guys are going to have so much fun with her:)

Nicole B said...

I personally think you should name him something that will be funny when Chris has to call for him..."poopsie!!! Get back here!"

Or chips. :)