Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Worst Night Ever

I am writing this at 5am which is pretty dang early for this SAHM. The girls usually wake up between 6-7am. Elia decided to wake us up, SCREAMING, at 3am this morning. I tried to bring her into bed with us, but she just screamed some more and banged her head against the wall a few times. So then we let her get on the floor and she walked into the kitchen and right up to her high chair. Once we put her in it, she screamed some more. We tried different foods- bananas, yogurt, her favorite- marshmallows. More screams, and then she was sticking her fingers in her mouth while rocking back and forth and trying to throw herself out of her chair. I tried to give her some Tylenol, she refused it. Mixed it with juice and gave it to her ina sippy. Refused it. Chris put some Orajel on her gums- he felt 2 molars coming in. At the same time, oh JOY! We put Nemo on. Small distraction, but not enough. She has been crying off and on since then. If I try to comfort her- rub her back, hold her, even talk or whisper to her, it makes things worse. I turned off Nemo, put on Clifford, and that helped a little more. As I was checking fb and my blogs, I came across this and played it. Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I think she is finally passed out on the couch. Now I am wide awake. I am going to crash and burn by 8am. Its gonna be a great day...














This is what she looks like when she cries. SO sad!

2 comments:

Jo Shabo said...

I still will forever LOVE these pics of Elia... they are so precious... even if they are sad. I LOVE the face... the tears...awwww....sigh

Nicole B said...

awwwww...poor baby girl!