Friday, November 12, 2010

Auction

Today my pta mom's group held a silent auction. It was held at a mothers day out/preschool building, so we could use their facilities for daycare. Elia screamed and cried when I left, and Gianna seemed fine. But then one of the teachers brought Gianna back to me halfway through becasue she had been sitting under a table refusing to let anyone touch her. (This does not bode well for when she goes to preschool next year. Or for when I go back to work. errggggg) But I didn't let that spoil my fun. G tagged along while I bid on different items. I probably bid on 20 items and ended up getting 5 things. These babies were valued at $250 and I was the only bidder to score them for $30! They are almost a perfect match to the blue I am planning to paint in the master bedroom.













I also got 2 free pizzas from i-frat, a speed zone pass for Chris, a baby girl scrap book, and a digital photo ornament (valued at $50 and I got it for $14!!!!!)
It was funny to see what people bid on like crazy. There was a $50 Lowes gift card that ended up going for $55. I almost re-bidded (is that a word?) for a $20 gift card to Cristina's but I wasn't going to pay $19 for it. Just didn't think it was THAT worth it.
After I got all my stuff, G and I picked up Elia and headed out to the car. I forgot Elia's backpack, so I had to take the girls back into the building. When we came close to the room Elia had been staying in, she started screaming and then ran away! I guess she thought I was going to leave her again. Too much drama for this mama! But all in all it was still a really fun morning!




Look at her cute ponytail! So grown up looking!

2 comments:

Kristy Dixon said...

It was fun! And Rhett screamed the entire time. They told me that had to move him to 3 different rooms. I wish they had just come get me. He was all red and puffy when I picked him up and has been clingy every since. Glad you got some good deals. This was my 3rd year to go and I've been disappointed.

Rebecca said...

I likey the art!