Today marked a milestone in our little renovation. I was able to use my bathroom for the first time in 2ish months! Chris installed the toilet (after a huge scrub-job) and caulked it. He also fixed the leak in the shower so the bathroom is completely functional! And can I just give Chris a shout out- on his ONLY day off this week he did 1 million honey-dos around the house! The baseboard is installed in both rooms, and caulked in the bathroom. The tile is caulked around the toilet and shower. He also fixed our Honda door, which has been broken for a month or so. It was pretty obnoxious dealing with that- I had to twist around in my seat to unbuckle Gianna, and then she would have to get down and open the door for me so I could get Elia out. Just another "obstacle" among many when trying to get 2 kids in and out of the car. So that was pretty exciting. My big project for the weekend was painting the inside and organizing the linen cabinet in our bathroom. I don't have any before pictures, but this is what it looks like now:
Pretty great, right?
Chris did have to work on Saturday, but he got home around 4 so we were able to take advantage of the absolutely gorgeous weather. We put the girls in our hiking backpacks and walked to the duck pond. Its been a while, and it felt great getting out!
Besides that, the weekend was pretty laid back.
G insisted on making her own sandwich this morning. So grown up!
No comments:
Post a Comment