Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journals

A few weeks ago I purchased a small notebook for myself. I planned to write my to-do lists, addresses of places I need to go, meal plans, shopping lists, etc. Before I bought this little book I was writing everything down on a long pad of paper, ripping it off and tossing it in the trash whenever I was going through one of my de-cluttering frenzies. Well, for whatever reason, it was just the coolest thing ever for Gianna and Elia. Elia liked to turn the pages and take the pen in and out of the spiral. Gianna liked to draw in it and look at my lists and ask me about them. It was sort of turning into their little notebook.
To remedy this, I bought each of them a little notebook at the dollar store, and I swear it is like Christmas come early! Gianna takes it with her EVERYWHERE (I make her leave it in the car). She just loves to doodle and draw in it. Last night she started making a letter for Aunt Jenny.
Elia likes hers as well. She doodles a little bit but still likes to do the whole pen-in-and-out-of-the-spiral thing. Gianna has already asked if she can bring it to school next week. I'm thinking it will fit perfectly in their backpacks for church this weekend.









Its nice to have my notebook all to myself now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Gianna will be a writer someday!

Lovelove!!

-Aunt Col