Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stickers!!!!!!!

Gianna has a million stickers that she has been placing on things all over the house. We are constantly picking stickers off of furniture and the carpet, and then of course our bodies! She thinks it is so great to just stick them all over our cheeks and hands and clothes- including Elia.







The things dads will do for their daughters, no matter how un-masculine. When I was little, I made a bracelet for my dad. (fyi, my dad has 4 girls, then a boy, in that order. Poor man was surrounded by headstrong demanding women for the first 15 years of his marriage before he got a boy. He grew up with noooo girls, just 3 brothers, and on a farm to boot) Anyway, I was very proud of this bracelet that I made him. The beads were varying colors of pink and red, and mostly star and heart shaped. When I gave it to him, he put it on right away and told me how pretty it was. Later, I went with him to the gas station and all the while he proudly wore the bracelet. It broke while he was pumping gas, and he was so upset for me!

Its amazing what dads will put aside just to make their daughters smile. I love watching Chris have tea with G, play in her kitchen with her, and get excited about pretty dresses and bows with her. I am curious to see what kinds of things I will do when we someday have boys in our house!

No comments: