Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs. Really not the best activity for a 2 year old, but we survived with only one broken egg.
Easter Morning
Since Gianna gave up ice cream for lent, the Easter Bunny brought them some. Since he didn't want it to melt, he left a note to the girls telling them to follow the tracks to a special treat.
The Easter Bunny knows just where to hide the baskets. Gianna's was in our radio cabinet (passed down to me from my parents house) which the Easter Bunny used to hide my Easter baskets when I was a little girl. And Elia's basket was in the easel, which I thought was very fitting.
He left presents for everyone, including the adults. I got some wine and the uncles got beer. The Easter Bunny also left a communal bowl for everyone.
Then we made a bunny cake (not pictured) and some bird nests. This was so easy and fun! It was just your basic rice krispie treat recipe but using chow mein noodles and forming them into nests in cupcake holders. Then the girls filled them with "eggs."
More on our Easter egg hunt and some cute family pictures in my next post. Happy Easter!
1 comment:
The bird nests are great! I agree dying eggs with a two year old is not too fun...we barely survived!
Post a Comment