Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lenten Promises

This is the first year that Chris and I have talked to the girls about Lent. We talked to G about how Jesus died for us so that we could live and that we need to give something up and try to do something better so that we can show Jesus we love him. We decided to give up ice cream and she is going to try her best not to whine in the morning when its time to get dressed. (trying to get a 3 year old dressed in the morning=my least favorite job of parenting ever!)
So this morning she broke out the "I don't want to wear this" and generally moping about it, I asked her to remember what she is doing for Lent to show Jesus she loves him. She pretty much just put on her clothes after that! Hope we can keep this up.
And I am going to try to give up (chew-able) carbs for Lent. Wish me luck on that!

No comments: