A couple of months age we started putting the girls down at the same time at night. Most nights, it works perfectly. We have to go in there from time to time and shush their giggles, but thats about the worst that happens. I actually like that they talk and giggle at night, it is what I used to do with my sisters too! Gianna is a much better sleeper than Elia. I often have to wake her up from nap or else she might sleep until 5! But Elia doesn't love her sleep as much. On days like today, when Elia woke up at 4am and slept little after that AND took a 30 minute nap, she is exhausted by 8pm. Elia is ready to go to bed while G is not. But Elia won't go to sleep without big sister across the room from her, so we pretty much HAVE to put them down together. We worked out a deal with Gianna. On some nights, if she waits in her bed for Elia to fall asleep, then she can come back out of her room and hang out. It might happen just once a week or so, and I especially like to do it when Chris works late (like getting home at 8:45-9pm late) so that G can see her daddy. Tonight, we decorated cookies and read books together. I enjoy the rare one-on-one time with her. And when she comes tiptoeing out of her room once Elia is asleep, it is so cute. I hope this is not giving her any ideas on how to sneak out when she is a teenager!

Licking the spoon this past weekend.
Very precise about her sprinkles!
No comments:
Post a Comment