Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Last Day to Teach

Today was my last day of teaching Preschool Playdates. There is one more next week, and then Gianna will be going on to preschool in January! Sniff sniff.
We learned about St. Nick and the letter J. J is for Jesus (duh!) and St. Nick made a special stop to the kiddos while we were at preschool. It was a fun last day.




St. Nick came to see us!











Decorating St. Nick's miter (hat).






Last week, I went and visited my future class. I'm not going to give too many details out on the blog-o-sphere, but I can tell you a little. It is a brand new school (this is its first year!) in a very nice neighborhood. There are 20 kids in my class and they seem like a good enough bunch. I read them Our Teacher's Having a Baby to them and we talked about how excited they are for their teacher to have a baby. After teaching preschool today and seeing the 3rd graders a few days ago, it has just reaffirmed how I am way more cut out for 8/9 year olds. You have to have way more energy and patience for 3 year olds than 8 year olds. Not only that, but you have to have EVERY second planned or the 3 year olds go crizazy. Who knows, I might be singing a different tune in 2 months! I plan to visit 2 more times in Jan/Feb. The teacher is due February 16th, so as soon as she "goes", I'm in. It is so bittersweet. I am truly looking forward to working again (and earning a paycheck :) but it will be so sad to leave my girls with someone else. It will all be worth it in the end!

No comments: