Sunday, December 19, 2010

Great Weekend!

We've been doing a lot of driving around our neighborhood at night these days to see all the Christmas lights. The girls love getting dressed in their jammies and bringing their blankets to go driving. So that was our Friday- pretty low key.




Here is Elia all snuggled up! Check out the sweet new boots Aunt Shanny sent her that just happen to match PERFECTLY with the hand-me-down coat from G.








Chris worked Saturday morning. We headed out to John and Sam's kiddo's birthday party. It was sooo fun- bounce house to start, plenty of great food, and then an Elmo pinata!


They did a fabulous job with the party. The kids were dressed for the theme, which was Thing 1 and Thing 2- as their 2 kids are 13 months apart. Love this creative spread:



Both girls had a few swings at the piñata. Piñatas at this age are hilarious because no one gets a really good satisfying blow, so the kids could literally hit the thing all night long. John eventually ripped it open a little to get the goods out.

Sunday was the usual- cartoons, Church, and lunch. Weinpel came over to help with the room so he brought Koda. The girls got to see her once they woke up from naps. I couldn't believe how excited I was to see her- I even let her lick me a couple times! (this is huge guys) Anyways, while they worked on the room G and I made these awesome button cookies. Sooooo kid friendly, and no batter to mix! I'll give you the recipe really quick because it is SO easy!
You Need:
Pretzel checkers or waffles
Hershey kisses, hugs, etc.
M&Ms
Directions:
Put pretzels on baking sheet. Place an unwrapped kiss on each pretzel. Put in oven at 200 for 5 minutes. This will make the chocolate nice and soft. Here is G waiting for them:

Then pull them out, and press an m&m into each. You can mix it up however you want- different flavors and colors of kisses and m&ms. Durn Tom Thumb was out of plain Christmas m&ms so I went with the regular ones. G loved pushing the m&ms into the kisses, and sampling everything of course. This is seriously my new go-to recipe!


So I know I keep saying I am going to put pics up of the room. I might just wait until it is completely done. Baseboards are in the works, and sometime this week we are going to get our bed! Merry Christmas to Chris and I, YAY! This week I am going to be soooo busy getting ready for Christmas and then packing for our trip to StL for Col's wedding. See ya!

1 comment:

Jo Shabo said...

Love that idea with pretzels and chocolate... I have seen it before- I totally wanna do it now :)
thanks for sharing!!
We missed G last week :( and will definitely miss her when we start back up in the spring. I hope she has so much fun at her new preschool!!