Every morning has been really exciting for the girls to see what they get! So far they have gotten little trinkets, nail polish, etc.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Advent
We had a great Advent calendar growing up- it was made out of felt and had pockets with candy and little toys and little scripture notes. Well my mom gave it to Megan so I needed to make one myself. I found quite a few cute ideas online, but really liked this one I saw on a blog last year. So I went to Oriental Trading Company and bought 24 little stockings. Then I strung them together and used felt to make numbers. For each day, the girls get a chocolate and a little toy, and there is a slip of paper in each stocking with them name of a family member or friend to pray for. At prayer time we pray specifically for the name on the slip of paper. Gianna thought she was so cool the day we pulled her name out of the stocking.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this idea! I wish I had thought of it when my kids were little! Although I don't think I could've fit enough things in those little stockings. There would have been fights over what's inside! Could you put Matt's name in every stocking? You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment