After we dropped off the registration packet and were heading home, I asked G if she was excited about starting preschool after Christmas. She asked me if Elia was coming with her and I tried to explain that she is too little and that maybe when she is bigger like G she will go too. She started crying and said she didn't want to go without her and that she needs to keep Elia safe! That about BROKE my heart into a few thousand pieces. It makes me feel even better that we are not going with a conventional daycare where they would be split up. Instead, I have a friend (old college roommate, actually) who will come to our house and watch them and take G to preschool and such. So even though they will be apart while G is at school, they will spend the rest of the day together. Phew!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Preschool is Official
Gianna is going to preschool this spring! I officially enrolled her in St. Catherine of Siena. We toured it a few weeks ago and it looked really fun! All the kids were happy there and it seemed like they were learning a lot. Today I dropped off the paperwork that I had signed from the doctor and gave them my registration fee and first month of tuition, so it is for sure! She will start January 4th and go all the way through May. She will be doing the 3 yr old Tues/Thurs class. It is only 3 hours per day- 9-12. I've met a few moms through my pta playgroup that send their kids there too and they all had good things to say about it. Although it does not have a catholic curriculum, it is on the same campus as Catherine of Siena the catholic church. They go to chapel once a week, and we have been there many a time (when we can't make it to Mary Immaculate in Farmers Branch on time) so G will be familiar with that too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment