Thursday, November 4, 2010

The $233 Lamps

As you all know, we are renovating out master bedroom. I am getting antsy to get furniture and stuff for our new room. I am constantly on craigslist, looking for good deals. I have found a lot of great furniture, but can't really buy any of it since at this point we have no room for it. So accessories are ok. I came across this pair of really cute lamps for $30.









Well, I met the woman in downtown Dallas where she works at a hospital to get them. That was a feat in and of itself- trying to find her one hospital in a sea of hospitals, but! We finally made the trade and I went happily on my way home. I took 35E to get back home and got in the HOV lane, as the girls were with me. I had a million things to do that day, and I wanted to get home quickly. Did you know that the speed limit is 60mph on 35? I got pulled over and ticketed for $203!! I was going 77mph. I guess I am used to PGBT which is 70mph. I haven't gotten pulled over since before I got married! So sad. I think the hardest part was trying to explain it all to G. Well, that, and the fact that I have to shell out $200 right before Christmas. Those lamps better be worth it!

No comments: