Thursday, October 4, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I have neglected blogging for a while due to the craziness of school.  That, and we spent every weekend in Irving to hang out with the McBrides.  They have been wanting to move back to St. Louis for a while, and in mid September, Matthew accepted an amazing oppurtunity in St. Charles, which is just outside of St. Louis.  Within 2 and a half weeks, they had to pack up, say goodbye to friends, and move to their new dream hometown. 
This is something they have wanted for so long and I am so happy for them. Rebecca is expecting and she will finally be able to lean on her mom for the support she needs in raising her young family. I was so sad to see her go though. I met Rebecca in high school, doing camps during the summer in St. Louis. We went to college together, lived together, were in each other's weddings, and had kids together. It is really hard to say goodbye to someone you have that much history with, someone you almost consider as a sister. 
Thankfully, they are moving to a place we visit 3-4 times per year.  Maybe someday Sohpia and Gianna will go to UD together!

Sorry my pictures aren't lining up correctly.





March of 2007.  Both pregnant and unable to play whirly ball.




Just a few weeks before Sophia was born.
 

 
 
 
 
 

Sophia and Gianna- a few months before they are big sisters.


Fast forward 4 years.  When I told Gianna they were moving, she broke into tears.

 


 

1 comment:

MMcBride said...

Great post and it is sad that we won't be able to see yall as often, but glad we will still see you several times a year.