Friday, August 31, 2012

First Week of School

A whole week has come and gone!  Dropping Gianna off in her calssrooom Monday morning was so sad!  Its cliche to say, but I can't believe that sweet baby G is a kindergartner.


Gianna's classroom theme is the ocean- her name is on the octopus in the top right corner.

Her little seat.
 
 
 
First Day Pics:
I want to be a gymnast.  (Gabby Douglas, duh.)
Elia hamming it up.

The hardest part has been watching Elia go off to daycare.  Since I went back to work 18 months ago she hasn't really had separation anxiety and I think part of that is due to the fact that she was always with Big Sis.  Now, I am dropping her off all alone and she knows Gianna goes with me and that I get to see her all day long.
Which is actually pretty great.  My break is right around the time G has lunch, so I always get to give her a quick squeeze and that holds me over until I see her again right after school.
Its all an adjustment, I know, so Elia will get through it.  When she tells me about school, it sounds super fun!  Play- dough, coloring, playing on the dinosaur playground etc.
When we get home, the girls play really hard together.  I think they are making up for lost time together because as soon as their feet hit the inside of the house they are running off to find the next imaginary adventure by dressing up, jumping on the couch, or playing outside.

Friday we came home and went straight to the park for a picnic.


And of course, a movie night to end the first week!



No comments: