I think the most exciting thing for us is Chris started his new job. He seems really happy, and that makes the rest of us happy. I always joke that one of Chris' favorite things to do is tell others what to do, and now that he is getting paid to do it, he is even happier!
We drove to StL on a Friday with the intention of driving back the following Thursday with my mom. (Chris flew back Sunday night) Instead, we drove back the following Sunday. Chris went to Napa to attend Aunt Judy's funeral, and so, instead of returning home to an empty house in Texas, I decided to keep my childhood home full of 2 little girls for a few more days. We saw Aunt Judy just 3 weeks before her death while we were in Napa. She will be missed at all the potlucks and poker nights. Gianna has learned a little bit more about heaven because of her. She has been telling everyone she sees that her Aunt Judy is in heaven.
Since we stayed in St. Louis a little bit longer, I got to see and catch up with a lot of high school friends. It was a great week. We went to the zoo, the pool, the library, and lots of different parks. The weather was unseasonably cool (like 75-80) so we were literally outdoors all the time. I kind of forgot what it was like to be outside. Thankfully since I have been back to Dallas it hasn't been as hot as Hades.
Elia can eat from utensils now, which is seriously exciting for me. She can eat all by herself, so now I can still eat my dinner while it is warm! Gianna told me the other night that she is so glad she has a little sister. It was so cute and sweet. I think they really enjoy each other's company. Today it was raining alllllll day long, so we were stuck inside all day. They loved chasing each other around a chair for a good portion of the day. Elia's attention span is a little longer now, so she sat with Gianna and watched a movie for a few minutes. They like to share the rocking chair together, so sweet.
And what is up with this girl and her silly faces?
St. Louis post will soon follow!
2 comments:
You have two little cuties! So what is Chris' new job? Is it still with GMAC or a new company? Congrats to him.
He works at a mortgage company in Fort Worth called RCS. As you read, he is a manager and loving it!
Post a Comment