Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Fire Ants
My poor little angel baby. Yesterday, while at the park, Elia decided it would be great fun to stick her hands in a pile of dirt. She actually does this often, but this pile of dirt turned out to be a fire ant nest. I was 2 feet away from her and as soon as she shoved her hands inside the bed, I was able to catch her and wipe off her hands. At first I thought they were just regular ants because as soon as they were all off of her, she stopped crying. I took her over to the drinking fountain to rinse her hands off and thats when I saw all the little white pustule bumps. (kinda like a scratched mosquito bite) I immediately started tearing up because I thought she must be in a lot of pain! But after getting some ice from a nice lady at the park, I realized she was acting completely normal! She still wanted to play and run around. I was so relieved of that but we decided to go home anyway. She passed out all the way home and then was back to her normal self again once she woke up and we were playing again at home! I called my pediatrician, and there really isn't much you can do. I could give her Tylenol or Motrin for the pain, but she wasn't acting extra fussy. The little bumps now just look like teeny tiny whitehead zits. (sorry for that visual!) I will just keep them clean and make sure she doesn't scratch. My friend's daughter had the same thing happen and she said that at this age, they can hardly localize the pain or scratch so they are not very likely to itch. Phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment