Friday, May 7, 2010

Teething Tantrums

About 2 weeks ago, I was telling anyone and everyone that the 10-13 month age range is my favorite stage of a baby. Elia is babbling nonstop, she thinks everything is soooo amazing, and she can't walk yet so she still has that sweet dependence on mom. Well, then last week happened. She started having the most horrible tantrums I have ever seen! She would throw herself on the floor for no apparent reason, didn't want to nurse, would throw anything I gave her, it was Ridiculous. I really had no idea what was wrong with her. There were a few times when she would have a tantrum first thing in the morning and I would think silently to myself "seriously? we are starting the day with this? this crazy obnoxious baby tantrum? and I have 13 more hours to deal with this?" Even Chris was glad to get out of the house and out to work as soon as possible. And thats saying something folks! After enduring a few days of this I just figured it was a stage she was growing into, or a new personality trait. Last Monday while I was at the park she started having another tantrum. Elia's mouth was open as she was screeching at me and that is when I noticed she had a tooth! How did I not suspect teething? You just never know when they are teething. I was so relieved though, that I can blame these tantrums on her tooth pain, and not a new personality trait! I noticed another tooth coming through 2 days ago, and since then, we have had no tantrums. I have my sweet baby girl back!!


2 comments:

The Rowles said...

Wow now we can comment!

Shan said...

Boom boom! Yay! More pics please.