I was completely inspired by my friend, "Jo Shabo" and so after reading her blog, I decided to do a few activities with Gianna. I just gathered a few things I had around the house:
I had a packet of arts and crafts pom puffs in 2 different sizes. So first, she sorted them into 2 different piles- little puffs and big puffs:
Then she used a melon baller (I don't have a little tongs) and put one puff in each cube.

I was amazed at how focused she was on these little tasks. She had more interest than some of my 3rd graders used to! I told her that this is "school" and that sometimes we will do activities like this. She is really excited about it! We will probably do a couple crafts next week that we got from our activity swap. Thanks Jo Shabo!
I was amazed at how focused she was on these little tasks. She had more interest than some of my 3rd graders used to! I told her that this is "school" and that sometimes we will do activities like this. She is really excited about it! We will probably do a couple crafts next week that we got from our activity swap. Thanks Jo Shabo!
No comments:
Post a Comment