On Tuesday we hung out with G's BFF "Lynn". We saw Lynn in December, and she had no interest in potty training. Well, she is potty trained now! So that sort of inspired me to take it back up again- uggg. So far its going ok- I have realized that you have to be ok with the messes or she won't be trained until she is 20! Lynn and Gianna played nicely and we enjoyed lunch together as well.
Wednesday I hosted my church's play group, and that was a ton of fun too! G's other BFF Soph, joined us and it was just a big party! I love getting together with my friends from church- hanging out with mom's that have the same faith as I is VERY refreshing! We are hoping to expand our little playgroup, so if there are any mamas out there that want to pray the rosary while the kiddos play in the North Texas Area (Carrollton Farmers Branch more specifically)- let me know!
Thursday we went to Elia's pta playgroup, which was hosted at the indoor playground at the mall. Gianna loves coming here and climbing all over the plastic structures. This was Elia's first time since she has learned to scoot- so she had a blast too. Then home and straight into the bath- I get nervous that those sort of indoor places are teeming w swine flu and chicken pox, etc. I have started doing baths with the girls during the day- it is something really fun for them to do and perfect when we can't go outside/get out of the house due to weather! Also, I feel like bath time wastes precious daddy time at night, so mornings work for us! Bath time lasted quite a while today! We made it to the mall and back with no accidents- this is awesome for me to report!
Friday we spent the morning with Gianna's friends, "Adam" and "Eve." Adam loves to be the boss and show Gianna what to do, and for the most part, G follows ;). Back home for lunch and nap- this week was full! I made Gianna a potty chart to motivate her for the potty- she puts a sticker up everytime she goes, and when she gets to the star, she gets to go get ice cream with daddy- which is an EXTRA special treat for her. The potty training process is a bit tedious. I have to constantly remind her and actually put her on the potty, and it seems when I get the tiniest bit distracted, thats when we have an accident!
Elia is scooting everywhere, much to Gianna's dismay. Gianna is always "making a gate"- putting a rolled up blanket or a pillow in her way so that she can't get to her toys. And just today she started going from her belly to sitting up on her own, so that means this weekend we have to lower the crib! My baby just won't stop growing up! Its going to be a cold weekend, so we are going to do lots of family time indoors.
1 comment:
Go little G!! :) That is the best when you just use stuff around the house- there are so many things to do just with random junk! LOL
Post a Comment