Friday, January 22, 2010

Locked Out

Friday was our bi-monthly trip to costco. Gianna loves to go to costco to get the free samples. I love that Costco's carts have 2 children sized seats at the front. Anyway, we got through the store without any problems and both girls were in exceptional moods. Elia sat quietly, flirting with other customers as they walked by. As I was checking out, I noticed that my keys were not in my purse! Sure enough, when I pulled the cart up to our car, I saw that the keys were in my ignition. This is the only key we own for this car, and a new key costs $200, so I am usually very er, uptight, about making sure the key stays with me. So after calling Chris and freaking out a bit, a very nice Costco employee tried to help me. But her very measly piece of twine did not help. Meanwhile, Gianna keeps asking if she can get out of the cart, and Elia is starting to fuss because she hasn't eaten anything for 4 hours- a long time for her! I bribed Gianna with Gogurt and fruit snacks, but I was not about to go lug both girls back into Costco to find a private spot to nurse. So I did the only thing I could- I fed her a gogurt, and she loved it, thank goodness! Then, a man walking by noticed we were trying to get in the locked car and offered to help. He went back to his car and brought back the perfect tool for getting into our Honda, (hmmmmm, I wonder what he does for a living??) and the crisis was averted. Whew!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ack!!! Wow. You totally lucked out.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This is terrible! The doors in our house all have locks on the handle that still allow you to open it from the inside but lock you out from the outside. The other day I nearly locked myself out and I was the only one home and Phoebe was inside! Close call, but I nearly had a heart attack.