So its the best and the worst time of year for teachers. I am getting excited for the summer, but have so much to do before it ends! There are papers to grade, kids to manage, desks to be cleaned, bookshelves and cabinets and closets and such to be organized.... The list gets longer as the days go by. And amidst all of this "wrapping up" I am supposed to keep my kiddos engaged and learning. I have checked out, and so have my students! So I have resorted to having my kids teach instead. Everyday I pick two students to teach for an hour. They can pick any topic and do whatever they want- but they are the ones coming up with the plan. All I will do for them is make copies. Let me tell you, I have learned a lot! Today my student teachers taught us about the different animals in the rainforest. We even played animal bingo and I almost won! Earlier this week 2 of my smarties taught us the factors of 300 and 500. Tomorrow we are going to learn about dinosaurs. One of my little teachers said Ms. Rowles, I don't know how you have done this all year! I am sick of yelling at the students, I have a headache, and now I just want to go home and take a nap! (Seriously, she was just teaching for an hour!!!) But I think it has been a great little changes of scenery for all of us! And then as soon as they leave, it is back to all the tedious little things I have to do. Checking in textbooks, entering my grades, taking all the staples out of my walls, etc. It might sound ridiculously easy, but the hours start to add up! Perhaps that is why I didnt get home tonight until 7. My poor baby and husband. But come June 7th, they are going to be sick of me! How is that for my first blog entry ever?
- Maureen
No comments:
Post a Comment