Today the girls had their 2 and 4 year old doctor appointments. Gianna is at the highest weight percentile of her short life- 27%. Elia is still hanging in there at the top at the 93% for weight and 97% for height. G weighs 1 pound more than Elia! Makes me giggle.
The doctor appointment went swimmingly, until the shots came out. Poor Gianna had to get 4! I have teared up almost every time one of my kiddos gets shots, but this time I actually shed quite a few tears. Before the nurse came into the room, Gianna was being ridiculously sweet, reading quietly and including her sister. When I put her up on the table, she still didn't know what was happening and she was chatting with the nurse and telling her that she might get to go swimming later. Then the nurse told her she was about to get some shots and her whole body tensed up and I felt like I had lied to her as she was screaming "mommy, nooooooo." And the fact that it was 4 shots was just horrible, it seemed to go on forever.
Then it was Elia's turn, who had sort of sat quietly in a chair holding her baby doll while her sister was tortured on the other side of the room. She was laughing as I laid her down and had no idea what was about to happen, but thank goodness it was just one shot. Gianna kept telling her things like Elia, its just going to hurt a little bit, its ok, I love you, etc. Elia didn't cry during the shot itself but whined about it for a few minutes after that.
We all went to McDonald's after that and all the torture was forgotten. Phew.
Monday Gianna had her first dentist appointment. She was drama about getting into the chair, so the dentist had me get in the chair and hold her on my lap. That was fun with a 2 year old running free. But eventually Gianna got over her fear and sat in the chair herself. She did great! Her adult teeth are really coming in, and the doc says within the next year she might be losing her bottom teeth. I can't believe that might be happening!
Getting ready for an xray as Boom looks on.
Opening wide for the dentist. She wouldn't unclench the first 5 minutes, but was so good toward the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment