Monday, June 20, 2011

Elia's "Fishing" Lessons

The 2 weeks before we left for StL, Elia took swim lessons. But she called them fishing lessons. She has a funny obsession with the word fish- if something is broken or not working (I think she is actually trying to say fix it), she says it is fishing, if she is thirsty she says fishy, swimsuit is fish suit, and then when she actually sees a fish, she calls it shoe. How hilarious is that?
Anyways, she was amazing in the water. She had 8 lessons total, and the first 7 lessons I was not allowed to be there with her, since there would be too much mama-drama, as her teacher explained to me. So the big day was that 8th lesson, when we got to watch all her hard work. That girl brought me to tears, I tell you! She is amazing in the water. Check it out!

Monkey crawling:












Swimming with just a noodle!











She learned to put her head underwater by grabbing for a pool weight:










I had a great little video of her swimming but can't upload it right now- darn you blogger!

1 comment:

Nicole B said...

this made me laugh! She calls an actual fish "shoe"...that's priceless!

we must meet...i would love your girls!