Last week, Elia had to get a routine finger prick to at her 9 month check up. On Monday, the nurse left me a message on my phone saying, "Hi Mrs. Rowles, please call me as soon as you get this message." A million bad things went through my head. My stomach kind of started turning into knots. Visions of cancer and weird random illnesses were running through my head as I hurriedly called her back. Of course, when I called her back, she was with another patient and could not talk to me. Finally, a half hour after I listened to the scary message, she called me back. "I just wanted to let you know that Elia's blood results came back clean. Everything looks normal!" I really wish she could have spared me the fretting and just said that very thing in the first message she sent to me.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Close Call
Last week, Elia had to get a routine finger prick to at her 9 month check up. On Monday, the nurse left me a message on my phone saying, "Hi Mrs. Rowles, please call me as soon as you get this message." A million bad things went through my head. My stomach kind of started turning into knots. Visions of cancer and weird random illnesses were running through my head as I hurriedly called her back. Of course, when I called her back, she was with another patient and could not talk to me. Finally, a half hour after I listened to the scary message, she called me back. "I just wanted to let you know that Elia's blood results came back clean. Everything looks normal!" I really wish she could have spared me the fretting and just said that very thing in the first message she sent to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment