Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sisters




This weekend, Aunt Shanny came to visit! We had a lot of fun just hanging out. She of course bought Elia and Gianna matching outfits, and so we wore those all day Saturday. Shannon and I got a much needed margarita (or 3) on Friday night, and we went hiking with the girls on Saturday. Its fun to watch Shan be so enthralled with the girls- she would get excited when naptime was over so she could see them and wanted to feed and diaper Elia and help G go potty. It was a nice break! Saturday night we had a little get together with a few friends and then Sunday was the usual church. I took Gianna with me to drop Shannon off at the airport Sunday night, and when Shannon said goodbye to her, Gianna got all misty and said "this is soo sad!" It was really cute, and Shan ate it up, but I think G was mostly putting on a show.

Shannon makes everything fun- even going to the grocery store with her is not a chore. I am so thankful for our close friendship, and I really really hope that Gianna and Elia share a good bond too someday. Its kind of hard to tell what its going to be like in the future since right now its mostly making sure Gianna doesn't poke Elia's eyes out and that Elia doesn't eat all of Gianna's puzzle pieces! But I can tell that G likes her- if Elia is out of the room (probably taking a nap) then Gianna is always asking where she is. And Gianna can get Elia to smile and laugh more than Chris and I can at any given time! They are too cute sometimes!



PS

Chris' method of feeding Elia is working out perfectly. For some reason, Elia hates spoons! She will keep her mouth tight lipped when a spoon is coming towards her, but if the hollowed out medicine dropper is coming towards her, well she just opens wide! So random!

No comments: