Friday, June 15, 2012

My New Job!

Since March, I have had 6 interviews at 5 different schools- 3 catholic and 2 public.  I interviewed at Spears (a public school in Frisco) the day Aunt Shanny came to visit with Baby Brendan.  The following Monday the principal called me to offer me the job!  I will be teaching 3rd grade, which I am super comfortable with and excited about. 
Also, probably the best part is I get to bring Gianna with me to this school as a Kindergartner!  I'm glad I'll have that extra eye on her.  I found a cute little Christian preschool/daycare for Elia that is a mile away from Spears. 
It took Frisco almost 4 weeks to get me into one of their new hire orientations to sign all the paperwork, which I did Thursday afternoon.  On Wednesday, right before we picked up Daria, I got to have a peek into my classroom and drop my stuff off.  The teacher who was in my room last year hasn't finished moving all her stuff out, but I can see so much potential already!

I'm so excited I have a window!  I didn't have one at my last full time teaching job.

See all those blue boxes on the table?  That is all mine.  The rest of the stuff is the other teachers. 
I am starting out pretty fresh!

2 comments:

Gina said...

YIPPPPPEEE!! Good for yoU!

Mary Anne said...

Congratulations on the job!!!