Its been an ok transition back to work- I am working with the same 3rd grade team I worked with last year plus my old teacher friend (the teacher I subbed for last year.) So in that sense, its been great. The hardest teaching part is getting adjusted to a whole new set of kids in such a short amount of time. When you are teaching full time, you have 9ish months with them and are ready to let them go on to the next grade level. But 3 months at a time is really hard. I was getting to the point last semester in 2nd grade where I knew each student really well and could truly help them learn and grow. And now that I am in a brand new class I am starting back at zero. Learning a whole new set of names and a new schedule and switching gears to a new curriculum (not to mention worrying about the durn STAAR test!) is much harder than I remembered. Its going to take me quite a while to get to that point with these 3rd graders where I can truly help them learn and grow. I feel like it is a disservice to them. They will survive of course, as will I, its just frustrating sometimes.
That, and its been really hard leaving the girls. We had such a wonderful time with me being back at home for those 5 weeks. They have been adjusting ok. They both love their preschool and are super excited on the days they have it. The daycare I am using is in home, and it is a 1/2 mile from our house. The woman who runs it has a son at their preschool, so that has been great for them. So honestly I think its just me missing them and they are really fine.
I try to make the most of our precious time together. Even if it is super cold I try and get them outside each day.
| Going to Costco to shop and eat is one of our fave Friday nights! |
| Elia pushing the baby while G gets on her bike with her sweet new basket. |
| Obsessed with putting stuff in the basket- especially dandelions. |
| Running at the field by the park. |
I already have a mental countdown- 11 weeks to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment