After a pretty low-key week and a mellow Saturday morning /afternoon we ended up a The Carse's beautiful new residence to spend some time hanging out with friends. G tried to be shy at first but ended up being the life of the party. It's not hard when you're the cutest girl in the room and the only one under 25. I feel bad for turning two of her favorite things into party tricks but it's hard not to when it's that freaking adorable....
Wheels on the Bus, I swear if I started singing it to her in her sleep, her arms would start going. This is out of order but on the way home she started drifting off and was kinda asleep and I tried it and her right hand went up and down once I think it's almost a learned/subconscious response. Back to the story... we were sitting around after an awesome dinner(cooked up by a prego Sam), G was being a little afraid of Annie, the Carse's dog, when I busted out the wheels on the bus. Immediately her eyes get bigger than her face, her hands ball up into tight little fists and the arms start going around each other while she lets out a loud "YEAH!", she knows all the moves, the wipers, move on back, babies, mommas, and when you get to the mommas, you better keep going cause she certainly is.
And since we had her going I decided to bust out the hokey pokey, which I hear is her favorite at school and she's one of the few who does it all the way through. She usually has to hold onto something to put her foot in and shake it, and she's kinda "gotten over" that part of it, most of the time she just wants to turn herself around... How often is it that you go to an adult outing and sit around singing children songs...I guess I better get used to it.
As John informs me she was quite the life of the party even after we left, apparently a couple of boys showed up after we left who weren't nearly as cute or well behaved as G. From what John told me the 2 1/2 year old was a menace to society. He apparently broke their barstool when he fell backwards out of it, rammed their glass door face first, threw his sippy cup at someone who had a full margarita (guess where that ended up) and ran circles around the house chasing poor annie. Needless to say G looked to be a perfect angel in light of rest of the evening.
I really need to get some footage of the wheels and hokey but also of her spontaneous dancing, in the car at home and whenever...sometimes it's to music in her head but most times it's just to whatever's on, last night for instance Moe had it on Fox when the King of the Hill theme song came on....what makes this even better, Moe absolutely hates King of the Hill and asks me to turn it as soon as she hears the song...well G danced around the living room for the whole song and as soon as it ended wanted "more".
I really don't know why this pops into my head or when the last time I saw this movie was....and for those of you who know how bad I am at movie quotes it may surprise you....but ...
"Nobody puts baby in a corner"
No comments:
Post a Comment