Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nothings.

There is nothing more endearing than your knee hugs. A child who is so anxious to show her affection, she can't wait for you to bend over or get down on the ground to her height, she has to hug your knees immediately as if she needs to release this tremendous amount of love that she carries all day, and is too impatient to wait.

There is nothing more entertaining than learning. I love how hard you try on each new word, and how obsessed you are once you've got it down that older words become mundane, that is of course with the exception of "mom" and "dad".

There is nothing more energizing than your uncontrollable laughter, and while it may be past your bedtime and I really shouldn't keep you awake, I can't help but indulge myself in my addiction to your laughter.

There is nothing sweeter than a sleepy baby. Playing in the clean laundry and trying to get comfortable enough to go to sleep and yet you want to stay awake. And even though we both know you're way too tired to function properly you still don't want to go to bed.

There is nothing more precious than when you look up at me to make sure I'm still there before you go to sleep. After i put you down and you've put all your animals where you want them and snuggled up with George (curious), you check to see if i am still there. I know I have only been home for an hour but I promise I won't go.

No comments: