Monday, August 25, 2008

Daycare Stinks

Last year was fine. She hardly had a clue what was going on for most of it. The first half of the year she was too small to care and the second half of the year she was excited to see her friends, and so it wasn't a problem when it came to dropping her off.

This year....I have a feeling is really going to stink. The second we get out of the car she knows where we are and she starts her tight grip on the back of my shirt. It gets tighter as we walk up to the door. I say hello to her teacher from last year, who she used to love and now pretends she doesn't know, only for G to shrug her off and grip tighter. Her room is the second on the left and you can feel her muscles start to clench. Today we walked in and Miss Letty was blowing bubbles....you would think that would be enough to distract any kid....nope not this one. All her little friends are playing and climbing on stuff but she just wants to squeeze tighter. Nothing can distract her long enough for me to sneak out of the room. She knows what's coming and does not want to make it any easier on either mom or dad. No kisses or hugs to start the day just screaming and crying...I really don't think that's a great way to start the day for either of us. But it's how she wants to do it.

I really hope she gets over this separation anxiety soon, cause it's harder on us then it is on her...she forgets about it soon enough and then gets to play all day...i have to go to work and pretend to forget about it...at least until I see her tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a major bummer. Lo siento, mis amigos. I hope she gives you guys an easier time soon- I can't imagine how tough it would be to leave cute little face all sad.

Custom Folds said...

SAME thing with us - Augustine knows as soon as we pull up!

Today, I picked him up and left my keys in his classroom. Before I got to my car, I realized it and turned to go back in. DEATH grip and screaming as I went back in, just to grab the keys.

Hopefully every day gets a little better?

Nicole B said...

it'll get better...poor baby (and poor Chris!)