4. Spelunking
This was definitely not a top on my list, but the girls LOVED it, and after all this blog is for them, right? We decided to do an all family hike, and Aunt Jenny found this "kid-friendly" hike that is about a mile round trip
through a cave. Ya'll, I am claustrophobic. I've never really had a chance to get over my fear of small spaces because, well, I just don't go in caves, small places or even my beloved
StL arch. When we parked, I thought I could muster up the courage to go in there with the girls. They were so excited about it, and kept talking about finding crystals etc.
 |
| This is the opening of the cave. This picture does not lie. Would you go in there? |
Apparently, the entrance is the hardest part of the whole hike, and most of the cave was pretty open afterwards. I could not go in. I
cried tried, but I just couldn't do it! So I sort of hiked around the area while my babies walked further and further into the
death-trap cave. They all came out safely and they loved it all! So glad they could have fun.
 |
| Inside. See? Not scary! |
 |
| Emerging. Did I mention it was 30 degrees in there? |
Later that day, I took Daria out for a run through my Uncle's gorgeous neighborhood and almost got mauled by 2 neighbor dogs. I think that was just not my day. But hey, I'll take one bad day among 9 glorious other days!!
1 comment:
I'm not claustrophobic but I would have stayed outside with you...
Post a Comment