Friday, November 9, 2012

Croup-tastic Marschner Visit

Chris' grandpa passed away so Chris took Elia out to Napa for the funeral.  That left G and I to fend for ourselves for 5 days.  He left on Monday night and they came back Saturday night.  Shannon, Tom, and Baby B had plans to fly in Friday night.
Friday afternoon while teaching, the school nurse called me to let me know that G was there with a fever and complaining of her throat hurting.  So I made some sub plans and left for the afternoon to take Gianna to the doctor.
She diagnosed her with Croup, which totally freaked me out for a bit.  My doctor assured me it was fine, that its going around, and prescribed a steroid.  Then I remembered that Aunt Shanny was coming with her 8 month old and I freaked out again.  Shannon and I went back and forth about what to do, but in the end we decided they all should just come.  I bought G a face mask and she had strict orders Friday night and Saturday to wear it when she was around him.  Thankfully he did not get it (nor did Elia once she got home Saturday night) and the weekend was a large success!  Tom went to the football game while the girls and Brendan and I shopped and went out to eat.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! The surgical masks are great, also love the one of Tom playing memory with G. So sweet!!