Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break: G's Doctor Appointment

On Tuesday we took Gianna to the "tummy" doctor.  After our pediatrician suggested we get her tested for Celiacs, I booked an appointment for when I knew Chris and I could have off.  After hearing eveything about G's history etc the doctor was pretty skeptical that she has it but he went ahead and sent us to get blood work done for her.  When I was holding her right before they were going to draw blood, I was trying to comfort her by telling her that when I was pregnant I always had to get blood drawn and I would just look away when they stuck me.  We still had to have another nurse come in and hold her still (even with my help) but all in all it was fine.  She got a milkshake afterwards and got to watch a movie instead of take a nap so I think she quite recovered from it all. 

We cooked together a lot this week!

The next day we were on a walk and she tells me that she decided that she can't get married anymore.  (background story- she has been telling me for a few months now that she is going to grow up and get married and be a mommy just like me and that she is going to move to a house across the alley from us so that I can help her take care of her babies.  She has picked out the house and everything!  Love her.)
Anyway, when I asked her why she didn't want to get married anymore, she said that she doesn't want to get pregnant because then she will have to get her blood taken out of her all the time, so obviously she can't get married!  She also keeps asking when they are going to give her blood back.  Haha!
So we should know in the next week the results of the test.

No comments: