Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No more crying

Wow. I really let myself go over the last month and now we have a month plus to catch up on. Where to start. Well i guess we have to rewind a month. It was one month ago that G and Moe left me all alone to go celebrate the engagement of "Aunt Shanny" and "Uncle Tom", at that point g was just saying Shanny and Tom...but more on that later. And two weeks later it was back to St. Louis for Christmas. G and "CO-liin" had a great time together...especially with each other's toys. G loved the trains and Colin loved G's dolls....j/k, but he did love her puzzles. I think i may have had more fun with their toys than they did. There was a wooden train set. I seriously built like 15 different tracks trying to utilize all the pieces. One time I spent a good 45 minutes on it while they were sleeping..you know how long it lasted after they woke up? 5 minutes, but it ROCKED! Grandma and Grandpa got webcams for everyone which has been great we've been able to video chat with everyone, it's been a blast. (it's been especially great cause we're able to talk to my great grandma..more on that later also). WE had a visit from Santa...to which there were opposite reactions. Colin...the schemer..new immediately Santa had presents...if I stay on Santa's lap I get presents... G...saw a crazy man with a beard and thought AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Next year though she'll dig him for sure.

Next year I think we need to put a limit on Christmas presents at Christmas cause trying to transport two suitcases full of presents is not fun...especially after Christmas........soooo on a funny/annoying note...my flight was Monday after Christmas so that I could get to work at 9ish...well I showed up to the airport a full hour and half early...and was late boarding my flight...there were seriously like 300+people in the terminal waiting to check/get through security INSANE... Moe came back a few days later which was alot easier.

We're officially lame. 2nd year in a row that we didn't do anything on new years. Next year though we're going CRAZY...that's my resolution.

Okay post holiday wrap up. We gave ourselves/ my mom helped too in lieu of sending us something....revamp some rooms. After two trips to Ikea (They didn't have the shelves we wanted...but got them overnight) we put together an awesome bookcase. The bookshelf is virtually all cubbies that we were able to use to organize G's toys and finally give her a room to play in. Our new playroom is AWESOME....I have pics and video somewhere....

G is now starting to put words together to form mini sentences!!! It's fantastic. One of her favorites is No more Crying. It's so darn cute to hear her say it after she's been crying (heartbreaking if she does it in timeout). But she will consistently use words in pairs and as modifiers, which is really making it easier to understand her wants and desires.



G, you're too young to understand what a delight you are to everyone you meet and how you can truly brighten someone's day. Thanks to Gma and Gpa Mchugh we have been able to see and talk to my grandma, "Grea Grama" who doesn't have much time left. It's been really tough on everyone especially Grandma Rowles . We were able to have a brief video chat and my mom tells me it was the most she's spoken in days and really pepped her up. I know it wasn't my ugly mug that did the trick but it was all you, Gianna. G, I know you are going to read this one day and not understand what it means until you are much older but you absolutely touched my grandma's heart and soul during a time when so many of us can be scared and alone.
Grandma told us a little later that she wants you to have one of her sets of pearls, a small gift really, but it means so much. In 28 years from now when you get married and you're wearing your Great Grandmother's pearls...there will be more than one person in the room who has to say to themselves....No more crying....

No comments: